A lot of the common things people want to know about us are located here: http://www.handlebardetroit.com/faq/ , but if anything is unclear feel free to shoot us a text message at (586) 960-5851. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but the texting does usually end up getting a slightly quicker reply
1. We provide the driver who steers and brakes, a stereo and of course, the Pedal Pub. We help you load and unload your items from the overhead roof rack, take pictures, clean up the mess and anything else you may need over the course of the tour.
2. Must be 21 to drink alcohol, but we do allow 18yr olds to ride along. Sorry, our insurance policy does not allow children to ride.
3. If youre looking for an available date click here. You don’t have to book, you can also just search the calendar for available dates.
4. The max party size is 16 people (no exceptions) and the min recommended is 6. We provide a driver, which would be the 17th person. We do have 4 Pedal Pubs so we can take 4 out at once for a total of 64 people.
5. Cost for a 2hr tour is $400 Friday/Saturday and $300 all other days. That means it’s between $18-25/person if you bring 16 people.
6. We have a stereo on board with a headphone jack that you can hook up your ipod/iphone to so you can be the DJ. If you’d rather us choose the music we have an FM/AM radio we can play as well.
8. The HandleBar operates from March through December, 7-days a week. We run from 12:30pm to 10pm Monday-Friday, and 10am to 10pm on Saturday and Sunday. If you’d like to book a tour time outside this range just shoot us an e-mail to email@example.com
9. Most people prefer that we take care of the route, but if you have something in mind different from the below all you have to do is tell your driver right before the tour (or during it :)). We stick to the downtown areas only and typically we do 2-3 stops for every tour: Campus Martius area (Grand Trunk Pub, Checker Bar, Hard Rock, The Beach Bar), Comerica Park area (Town Pump, Park Bar, Rusted Crow Distillery, Rub Pub Sports Bar, Coaches Corner) and Greek Town (Old Shillelagh, Fire Bird, The Well, The Detroiter, etc) . There are also other bars all over downtown that we can go to – just ask us – we have no preference and will steer you towards the places we think you’d like. Some examples are Downtown Louies, Queens Bar, Detroit Beer Company, Cornerstone Barrel House, etc….. Don’t get stressed out about all the options – most people just show up and let us take you around!
10. Alcohol is now legal to bring on The HandleBar. You may bring your own beer & wine only (or other canned beverages like bud light limearita, etc but no hard alcohol). No glass will be allowed out while we’re on a tour (If you have glass in a cooler it needs to stay there unless we are stopped – we recommend not bringing it at all). The city of Detroit also states once a tour has started you may not stop the bike to purchase alcohol at a store (except for inside a bar) so please come prepared to start the tour